Friends…we made it. 2020 is officially over. Though January 6th will forever be “December 37th 2020” in my mind, and the fact that this post is coming in mid-February means that 2021 is already shaping up to be its own sort of whirlwind, right?
So I want to know… how are you doing?
2020 was a rough year for many. Shout out to all the working mama’s who made it through a year of online school, “asynchronous days”, and desperate attempts to be the kind of mom who can entertain a child all-day with crafts, fun & educational activities, plenty of outside play and energy burn while not being allowed to have playdates, jungle gyms being closed, oh…and trying to maintain a career. You all are the unsung heroes of 2020.
There are so many of you I have not seen in months, perhaps over a year. 2020 brought a lot of ups and downs for me personally and professionally, and I know it did for many of you as well. This was a year with so much loss, isolation, “distancing”, and uncertainty. But for me, it was also a year of incredible blessing and a reminder to focus on my values. I long for the day I can reconnect with my people, but for now the internet will have to suffice.
I’ve recently made the decision, spawned by a year of doom scrolling and lack of digital strategy in my life, that I am taking back some control on my digital footprint. I’ve created this site as a central space to speak my mind, reflect my personal and professional accomplishments, make clear my values, and be intentional about how, when, and where I connect with my personal and professional network of people.
I also wanted to take the opportunity to fill you in on where I’ve been and what my plans are headed into 2021. So, here’s my highlight reel:
- 2020 included being pregnant and quarnteaming with Baby Clark, who was born in July. He is cute and I love being his mama.
- I was blessed to bring in new clients, continuing to offer pre-development services through Living City Ventures, and have also hung my real estate license with David Commercial Real Estate, a new brokerage firm in Colorado Springs.
- My only investment acquisition in 2020 went under contract about 2 days before my son was born. We closed and now own a triplex that was built in 1888. We now, somehow, own two properties that are more than 100 years old.
- My cat has made several appearances on the Castle Rock Planning Commission Meetings this year, where I continue to serve via Webex!
- I am working to ensure I preserve the time, space and energy needed to raise a son who will be encouraged to become a contributing member of society. I’m also in the middle of a months-long debate with my husband about whether we should add chickens or bees to the Humbargar Homestead. Bee’s recently won the match, so get ready for some honey and flowers my friends!
I genuinely value the time, energy and support so many of you have provided over the years. So let’s all agree, 2021 will be a year of creative reconnection. The connection box below comes straight to my e-mail, so leave me a note and let’s reconnect!